What is embodiment foucsed movement coaching? Well, in my practice, it's a little different for each person. Our time together is a container for you to explore being in relationship with yourself and your movement through the lense of your body.
Sessions together can include conversation, deep somatic work, movement games and invitations, movement based creative practices and art, nature based invitations, or involve more strenuous physical activities.
This often includes exploring the relationship between moving and feeling. Sometimes that means that come up that can be uncomfortbale. Actually, many people come to me specifically to engage with sensations they associate with these concepts.
If we collaborate long enough, we may do some of all of these things. I love working with people who are ready to explore, come with curiosity, and are open to stepping off the beaten path. That said, here are some things we can do together (certainly not an exhaustive list)!
- Explore the relationship between feeling and moving, becoming more or differently "connected" to your body, "coming home" to your body.
- Develop a movement practices that challenges you in just the right ways.
- Blending movement and creativity, waking creativity/finding inspiration when you're experiencing "artist block" or when you want to be an artist, but don't know how or where to start.
- Develop a relationship with nature, liminality, and the more-than-human-world.
- Explore movement and embodiment during/before/after big life changes like gender transition, accidents, recovering from surgery/injury, and after the death of a loved one.
- Learn how to do something specific when you have pain or a physical limitation, or when you're nervous/scared/overwhelmed/
- Co-create your solo-movement practice (including functional fitness, somatics, sensory deprivation tanks, and more) or explore new movement activities (guidance as you learn a new movement skill)
- I am happy to work in conversation with your mental health practitioner if that seems right to you, and often work in collaboration with somatic therapists and counselors who specialize in trauma. We can also work with your Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist, or other providers that are important to you, to design your program as appropriate
Sessions happen virtually, via the Zoom platform or at my home studio in NE Portland, OR.
Sliding Scale Pricing: $50-----$125 (standard rate)-----$150 for a regular session. Simply schedule a session and add the rate that works for you at checkout or bring cash to your session.
Please contact me if cost is a barrier for you. Bartering is also sometimes an option (depending on my current availability). Email me with specific questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Paying on the higher end of the scale is always appreciated. It makes it feasible for me to do this work, and to continue to offer sliding scale prices to those who need it.
Frequency: Most people choose to come 1-2x/week or biweekly. How long we work together is up to you. Some people only need a few months to get some direction or get questions answered, other folks prefer to work together for years. I leave that decision up to you and will never try to sell or pressure you to do more than you'd like.
In-Person Session Location: In-person sessions happen in Portland, OR at my indoor home movement studio (250 sqft of open space and a number of movement and creative tools) or in my covered-backyard space if the weather is nice (pictured below).