I work with everyone a little bit differently. Sessions together can include conversation, deep somatic work, movement based creative practices and art, or involve more strenuous physical activity. If we collaborate long enough, we may do some of all of these things. I love working with people who are ready to explore, come with curiosity, and are open to stepping off the beaten path. That said, here are some things we can do together (certainly not an exhaustive list)!
- Explore the relationship between feeling and moving, becoming more "connected" to your body, "coming home" to your body
- Explore movement and embodiment during/before/after big life changes like gender transition, accidents, recovering from surgery/injury, and after the death of a loved one
- Learn how to do something specific when you have pain or a physical limitation, or when you're nervous/scared/overwhelmed/
- Co-create your solo-movement practice (including functional fitness, somatics, sensory deprivation tanks, and more) or explore new movement activities (guidance as you learn a new movement skill)
- I can join you as a movement or creative partner, or we can learn something new together
- Blending movement and creativity, waking creativity/finding inspiration when you're experiencing "artist block" or when you want to be an artist, but don't know how
- I am happy to work in conversation with your mental health practitioner if that seems right to you, and often work in conversation with somatic therapists and counselors who specialize in trauma
- We can also work with your Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist, or other providers that are important to you, to design your program as appropriate
It's up to you to come to our session with an idea (even if it's vague) about what you'd like to do together.
All sessions happen virtually via the Zoom Platform